Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wonderment

I am tired of snow. I am tired of heavy coats, hats he won't keep on and boots that just do not seem to ever fit right. I am tired of canceled plans and not being able to go out and PLAY. Looking through my own eyes this is what I see, another winter to endure, another cold day to suffer through. But mine are not the eyes of a toddler, a lesson I learned yesterday while out running a routine errand on yet another snow filled morning, both of us dressed head to toe in our best cold filtering gear. "Walk", he said as I attempted to carry him from the car as I always do. I watched as he proudly stomped through the slushy parking lot like a character from one of his board books. Big heavy flakes fell from the sky as he pointed up in wonderment exclaiming "whoa" in his best Joey Lawrence impersonation. "SNOW!" he cried out, uttering for the first time the very word that I had been cursing all morning. "Yes" I smiled and said, "isn't it beautiful?". We walked back to the car (of course) and went home to watch the snow fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lost forever and found in an instant.